Monday, May 2, 2011

When I Don't Feel Beautiful

I'm not just talking about a "bad hair day" here. I'm talking about that deep dark frustration that I don't measure up. Have you ever been there?

The author of this article knows what I'm saying:
I recently watched the royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. Although I enjoyed the pomp and majesty of the surroundings, what struck me most was the couple themselves. They are a stunning couple – physically attractive and in seemingly excellent health. Part of me rejoiced with them and prayed for God’s blessing in their lives. Yet I must admit part of me struggled with envy, not simply for their surroundings, but for their physical health and appearance as well...

So how can I cope when my body fails my hopes and expectations for myself? Please follow the link above to read Bronlynn Spindler's great reminders!

No comments: